Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Today was given, and I took it

Look at the place you're in right now. Then, look up at the place you're trying to go. Now ask yourself, how do I get from here to there?

That process has been my biggest focus in recent months, and I'm working hard to take the right steps. I've been ready for what's next, but maybe I've been waiting for it a little too much. Sometimes, you have to go to it.

Today, I got to sit and watch a full Division I women's basketball practice from start to finish. It was my first such opportunity, and I couldn't think of too many ways to better spend my time. Again, looking back at Steve Jobs and the speech I posted on here from him, he says that you should wake up everyday and be able to say that what you do that day is stuff that you want to do. I was happy with how I spent a good amount of my day, and thankful to those who gave me that chance.

Walking out of that today, I couldn't wait for our next practice. Watching other people go to work is inspiring, and I think we will have a good practice on Wednesday. It's another opportunity that has to be maximized.

Outside of basketball, I admit, the old 90's Nickelodeon shows on after midnight are fun to watch. I grew up watching All That, Doug, Hey Dude, and more. I wonder when we can expect to see Salute Your Shorts? How about Rocko's Modern Life? Haha I digress, but still, these shows are classics in my eyes.

Breaking news, I'm finally getting my hair chopped off tomorrow. I appreciate everyone who enjoys the shaggy version, but it's true, I'm getting the ears lowered tomorrow.

I need to visit Matoaca sometime soon. It's been too long since I went back to my alma mater to see how the boys' basketball program is doing and to see old teachers and stuff. I need to make it a point to visit. The last couple times I have visited have been on the opposing sideline in girls soccer. It's always tough to coach against your alma mater, but no that tough. I always will be a Warrior, and I'm the person I am today because of what I learned at Matoaca High School.

Thanks, as always, for reading. Remember to follow me on twitter. Off to bed, excited for what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment