Monday, October 10, 2011

My Saturday (and Sunday) all in one

This week I have one official day off. It was today. I got to sleep in, and had a great workout, without doing any actual work, per say. Always good to have a day or two like this.

The rest of the week is filled with coaching and working at the Y, before it's back to CBS 6 on Friday, nightside this week instead of 5am though, so I'll take it.

Now I'm settling in to Monday night television, which is pretty awesome this fall I'm not going to lie, and that's coming from someone who doesn't watch a ton of TV. I don't even watch TV when I'm on it (haha).

I need Jay Cutler and Matt Forte to have just their usual games tonight, trailing by about 20 points in one of my fantasy football leagues. Should get two wins this weekend.

Call me mean, but I say what goes around, comes around, and I'm a fan of poetic justice. Nice to see it today. Enough said there.

On to basketball. I saw one of my friends and former high school teammates at the gym today. Well, not exactly a teammate, he was on the JV when I was on the Varsity, but still, it was good to see Joe Lyons. Joe overcame a lot and went on to play college ball at Newport News Apprentice. It helped him that he finally got a little taller (haha had to go there). Joe knows his basketball, and he was working out a couple of high school kids today who play rec ball at the YMCA. Good for him. He was a fun player, and he seems to enjoy sharing his love for the game with others.It's great to see a Warrior alum doing well. I always tell my players, enjoy your time with your teammates, because it's short, and in 5 years, you'd wish you could do it all over again.

I got a pretty intense workout in on the court today, and my knee and ankle felt so much better. Still, I plan on wrapping on a couple bags of ice again tonight, just to be safe. I think one of the more valuable things I learned in college was from our team athletic trainers. As much time as a college athlete spends in a training room through their career, you can learn how to take care of your body and recover from your injuries. Oh yeah, and a summer or two of physical therapy didn't hut my learning curve either. Much love to everyone who's ever wrapped my ankle, saran wrapped ice to my limb, and so much more.

Anyway, time for Monday night channel surfing. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment