Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Looking forward... way forward

Today was a really good day. For starters, I played 3 half court games at about 85% against solid competition today, and came through without any pain in my knee or ankle. This was the first time I had actually played in over a month. Winning a couple games was just a bonus. I'm just glad to be better.

But, what really made today a great one was that for the first time in years, I was able to look far down the road, a few months actually, and see the light at the end of this proverbial "tunnel" I've been stuck in. I can honestly say I haven't felt this good, this positive about what I have ahead of me like this in such a long time.

If you know me, you know I may make goals for the long term, but I don't tend to break out the binoculars and look too far into the future often at all. Maybe that's because up until now, I've been staring some of the same negativity or same routine ahead of me over and over and that's been it. Sure, I'm excited for basketball season to start and stuff like that, maybe a trip down to the beach to see my best bro, one of my brother's weddings, or payday. But for the longest time I've been seeing just another 30 hour weekend of work, mostly stuck behind a desk, more months living at home with my parents, and paying my bills and stuff. Today, I looked past the everyday, every month stuff, and I saw light! I saw future possibilities. I saw that this chapter in my life's book only has a few more blank pages.

For example, I'm planning on taking my first "vacation" this spring, hopefully going to the Women's NCAA D1 Final Four in Denver, Colorado. That's huge. I haven't been on a vacation since I was in college, so it's been a couple years. And, I'm told this is the place to be if....

There are some other positive things going on, but mainly I'm just encouraged  to see that soon, very soon, it'll be my time to start a new chapter, and I'm so ready. I know it's still a little ways off, but just to have dates and a near time frame in mind, I don't know I just have a good feeling about this.

There's something exciting about realizing it's almost time for big changes. Until then, though, it's important to continue to take steps, put yourself in the best position to land that big opportunity. I don't know where I'll be going or what I'll be doing, I just know that I'm going to wake up tomorrow to work to get ready.

Chad Ochocinco's new Reebok commercial is pretty tight, but can the Zig Tech's help him learn the New England playbook and/or be a servicable NFL player again?

And if there's one player who is more overrated and disappointing than him this year, it's Plaxico Burress. I never saw him as one of the top WR in the NFL even at the top of his game. At least Chad Johnson was at one point one of the best not too long ago.

Sadly, I was talking fantasy football trading preseason, talking about which player would have a better season. In hindsight, it didn't matter...

That's all I have for tonight. Remember to follow me on twitter- @travisponton

-- TP

No comments:

Post a Comment