Thursday, January 24, 2013

Believe in yourself all the way

 I've decided it's time to challenge myself with a new concept.

 I believe in myself, I'm confident in my work ethic and my ability to make good things happen, exceed expectations, and make the most out of situations. This is the way we all should be. If you work hard, put up hundreds of shots, and put the time into your game, you should be confident in your ability to hit shots in the game. It's a simple concept, I preach it, I believe in it.

 But, we all come up a little short, because sometimes a little sliver of doubt is still there, in the back of our minds. You know, that little bit of nervousness, that, "what if I don't win" that creeps in at the last second.

 For me, I've gone into situations with that disease, and now it's time to change. I've learned that one sign of maybe, one sign of what if, is noticeable in my performance with the task at hand. Total self confidence has to be the goal. 99% doesn't get the job done in a close game. I can name occasions where I've been 99%, and that 1% of questioning myself made the difference. The best have to be able to admit their mistakes, it's part of the process.

 Being able to admit that you've made a mistake though is the first step in fixing the problem. You have to live for the big games, the huge moments, and sometimes those moments can bring with them that anxiety, that uncertainty. So now that you know there's an issue, you have to work to fix it.

 Trust your preparation, in anything you do in life. If you aren't prepared, you invite windows for error. That's about as simple as it gets. You have to prepare as best you can, and in some situations, preparing is not easy. Still, I say approach every challenge, every interview, every game, with the attitude that I am going to succeed because I am best suited for success. That doesn't mean you're the most experienced or anything, but you have to know you will get the job done, you were born for this and now is your time.

 Life's full of challenges and obstacles, and a lot of those come from outside sources. We need not create any for ourselves. Take the challenge on yourself to bring light to that dark corner of doubt in the back of your head. In this journey toward success, we must commit to ourselves fully, prepare for the best and worst of what that journey offers, bounce back, and overcome adversity. Don't be the source of your own downfalls. Promise yourself that you will buy into all that you have to offer, 100%. Work harder, fight on, and live in your own reality, because more often than not, those who have the strongest reality often win the day.

 #Eyesforward
- TP
@travisponton on twitter----follow

No comments:

Post a Comment