Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013, the action movie that will be your life

 New Years may be my favorite holiday.

 I avoid the cliches as much as possible, but the whole concept that we have a chance to make resolutions, start fresh, renew, refresh, and refocus is a great thing. I'm a believer. It's a magical thing.

   My 2012 was probably like yours in the sense that it had its ups and downs. I made decisions, learned, won, lost, enjoyed life, fought through adversity, and worked hard. I started some great new relationships with all sorts of people, while always remembering the people I'll never see again. I won an Emmy Award, and for my troubles I was set free and future endeavored instead of getting the opportunity and promotion I deserved.

 But you know what, I'm in a better place than I was in a year ago, and I'm very blessed. 2012: Mission Accomplished.

 You don't read this to hear my life's history, so let's just get down to my broad, bold resolution for 2013, one that holds true for anyone to take and apply to their own struggles and daily grind.

 It's simple, in 2013, stop talking about it and go get it. Be greater everyday, and be prepared for the opportunities that hard work will get you.

 So many of us deserve better. Better _________, you fill that in yourself, based on where you are in your life right now. In 2013, realize that you deserve more. Stop wasting time and effort, when you know there's nothing ahead but a dead end.

 It's scary, if you think about it, how much you wasted in 2012. How much money did you spend that you could've saved? How much time did you waste when you could have been productive? How much effort did you waste trying to keep a sinking ship afloat?

 We live and learn, and we're better for it. In 2013, waste less, and invest more into yourself. Wake up every morning with a plan to be great, a plan to be the best at whatever it is you do. Opportunities lie ahead, if you seek them. Not everything is in your realm of control, but your effort and preparation is.

 Celebrating New Year's Eve last night in DC with so many great friends and brothers really put a lot into perspective. Carrying this momentum forward is the key. New Year's is perhaps the most wonderful time of the year. The process is the same in 2013. You succeed because you're great, you're great because you work the hardest. Focus your energy, waste less, and take what you want. Take action. Live in your own reality. You deserve more in this year.

 In the words of a great spokesman, "Stay thirsty my friends." Cheers to 2013.

TP

No comments:

Post a Comment