Sunday, July 15, 2012

I've got good news....Hope

What a great weekend, now that I have weekends back. This morning, my phone alarm did not go off at 5 something in the morning to wake me up for my 11-12 hour Sunday shift. No, instead I woke up on my own time, at around 10:30, with absolutely nothing on my schedule, outside of one very important thing, going to Church.

I have not been to church on a Sunday in 28 months, and that's always bugged me. To be honest, I haven't been to my church, Immanuel Baptist, since my grandmother passed away in 2011. It was such a great feeling to be able to go and see familiar faces, a real breath of fresh air. It wasn't a return to faith or anything, because if you know me, I believe you are a Christian whether you make it to church or not. Serving and accepting Jesus Christ is a 24/7 job. But, it was just something I had missed. And of course, my grandma and grandpa were on my mind, because it's the first time I'd worshiped there without either of them there as well. Going to see my grandma sing in the choir on Sundays was very special for me.

Anyway, as fate would have it, of course there was a sermon tonight that spoke to me, and I left with good news---- hope. I am so thankful to have so much hope now, hope for something better on the horizon. In my last post, I discussed how I was thankful for the past, and excited, hopeful for the future.

It's no coincidence that highly self-motivated people enjoy each others' company, and enjoy reading, hearing, and sharing each others' ideas and stories. This is why I've always enjoyed my faith, because there's so much in the Bible that speaks to me. I have always believed faith and basketball have gone hand in hand. One of the reasons I'm so trusting, upbeat, and confident all the time is because of my faith and beliefs, that I'm living out a plan God laid for me years before. I trust and confide that what happens in 5 minutes, 5 years, etc. was meant to happen, and I'm just living out the story God wrote for me.

I am where I am right now, writing this post, because it's His will. I know God has bigger and better plans for me, and as He turns the page on my next chapter, I am ready, willing, and hopeful to start. I hope that when you read this blog, you are motivated by the words and messages I send. I believe in hope, I believe in a higher power, I believe in my own reality. They say the most successful people are the ones who best project their own reality. Be successful. Don't ever be afraid to have hope, and stand up for yourself.

Before I go to bed tonight, I'm going to develop a new to do list. Who to call, where to search, where to go, what to do. What would be on your list? If you don't have anything to be hopeful for this week, then make new goals and work hard for them. Hope is fleeting, and hope alone won't get you where you want to be, but I know that without it, life is not as bright.

Be hopeful. Find new opportunities. Be confident in yourself. Learn to stand up for that confidence. Live in your own reality.

Thanks for reading, follow me on twitter @travisponton. Off to the gym.

--TP

No comments:

Post a Comment