Saturday, June 9, 2012

So what can I do right now...

We all have things we need, and we all have things we want. Sometimes, what we want is something we really do need, but we don't always need what we want.

Any self-motivated person sets goals for themselves. Everyone wants to achieve their goals, but the special ones need to achieve them. Think about it. Which one are you?

You've probably been asked time after time, what's your biggest fear? My answer is easy, failure. I've failed before, and I'm going to fail again. I think i risk failing all the time, but my desire to be successful drives me, and not being successful ALWAYS hurts.

So I often find myself asking, what can I do right now to get what I want and get what I need? I've made it my goal the past few months to do something every day to try and take a step forward. I guess I haven't done enough yet.

Starting the past few days, I've tried to step it up a little. A good friend told me, hey, what do you have to lose? My answer, absolutely nothing. Sometimes it's real easy to get down on yourself if you think too much about a bit of bad news, trust me it's happened here recently to me. But I have to be a little more aggressive and assertive if I want to get to where I want to be, and I began that journey yesterday.

Over the next couple of weeks, I have to get in my car and just show up places. I call it turning it up a notch. I'd advise you to always ask yourself, what am I doing right now, and how is it helping me get what I want and get what I need. I don't think it's a problem if sometimes the answer is that it's not, but I know in my case, I could always do more.

So, do more. Be bold. Take steps forward. Push the limits. Change the rules. Live in your own reality. Find a way to do more.

A few quick hits:
- I'm taking the Heat tonight to beat the Celtics, sorry Bryan. Lebron James imposed his will in Game 6, and they're at home.

- Shout out to my former players who won a State Championship today over at Cosby. Big win for softball and girls soccer there, great stuff for a great school. Ted Salmon does a fine job as an administrator, and there are a lot of great people there. It was cool to cover some of the games last week, and I always love seeing my kids succeed.

- The Yanks are on a roll. I'd love to go to a Subway Series game one of these years, put it on the bucket list. But if they keep hitting and pitching like this, like they are capable of, the Quest for 28 might just end in October.

- Really excited to be working some great camps this summer for some great organizations and programs. If I had the time, I'd work more. It's a great way to give back to the game and also to meet new people and learn. All positives.

Tomorrow is going to be long, as usual. Should be good to get out of work in time for a great workout, as the knee-hab continues.

Thanks for reading. Remember, follow me on twitter- @travisponton and keep your chin up, good things are about to happen.

--TP

No comments:

Post a Comment