Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Trust in your own greatness...

 Sometimes, we are all faced with a rare circumstance where we are nervous, or feel unprepared. A lot of these situations are avoidable, as I've always been taught, hard work and preparation is the key to success. But how do you prepare for putting yourself out there and contacting an employer about a job opening, for example. It can be a source of anxiety, especially when you want to be successful so bad.

 I always tell you, my readers, that I practice what I preach. Otherwise, I'd be a hypocrite. Those of you that know me, know that I tell you to live in your own reality because I do so myself. So let me give myself some advice once again as I remind you to...

 TRUST IN YOUR OWN GREATNESS.

 If you focus on yourself first, concentrate on improving your flaws, and work hard at being the best at whatever it is you do, then eventually you'll wake up one day and realize that you're making it. I had a coach tell me in high school that the game is more fun when you're better at it than anyone else, and you get better by working harder than they do. By carrying this mentality and striving to be the best, we are taking the steps toward greatness.

 Sometimes we fail. We have bad days, we get in ruts, we look ourselves in the mirror and don't like the things we see, inside or out. But success is addicting. Once you get a taste, you have to be hungry for more.

 Self confident people are more primed for success, and the one with the strongest reality often prevails. Believe in yourself, know that everyday you wake up, greatness is there for the taking. It is up to you to make it happen. Greatness isn't easy. We don't wake up with it. But if we wake up thankful for the opportunity to seek it, and we convince ourselves how great we can be, our potential sky rockets.

 I think we are surrounded by plenty of doubters, so there's no need to doubt yourself. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. Shake the nervous side out of your personality. Live in your own reality, and remember that if you're going to do something, you might as well be the best at it. Trust in your own greatness, no matter what challenge you're facing. If you go in realizing that you can, then you will.

  TP

No comments:

Post a Comment